Three hospitalized after violent melee in Concord

1 min read

CONCORD –– A violent brawl involving up to 10 people on Depot Street in Concord resulted in at least three hospitalizations, including a woman with a severe head injury, early Sunday morning, according to police.

Concord police and fire and rescue teams rushed to the area near Castro’s and Cheers around 12:45 a.m., following reports of a fight involving a firearm.

Dispatch received a call reporting at least one person lying in the middle of the street.

Dispatch relayed to officers a minute later that the caller overheard someone threatening to shoot a woman, followed by the sound of gunshots.

Two people were still at the scene when authorities arrived.

The first officer on the scene requested additional fire units, as more officers were dispatched to the area. EMS teams were directed to enter the scene from Low Avenue.

Upon arrival, officers found a woman unconscious on the ground with a large head wound. A second individual was also down, prompting the request for another ambulance.

Witnesses reported three Hispanic men fleeing the scene, heading south on South Main Street. Officers expanded their search to Storrs and South Main streets, with assistance from New Hampshire State Police.

An officer requested backup five minutes later while dealing with three “very uncooperative” individuals who refused to provide information.

By 1 a.m., a third ambulance was requested on Storrs Street after another victim was found. Several men were also questioned outside of the Best Western on Hall Street.

Authorities ran identification checks on individuals from New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Ohio. Three people were transported to Concord Hospital.

Further investigation suggested the incident may have originated at Tandy’s Top Shelf, prompting officers to widen their inquiry to Eagle Square. A woman linked to the incident was also being investigated at the Comfort Inn.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.