Hamden family safe after early morning house fire

1 min read

HAMDEN — A family of three and their two dogs safely evacuated their home early Saturday morning after a fire broke out in the attic space above their garage.

The Hamden Fire Department was dispatched at 3:19 a.m. to a reported house fire on Long Meadow Avenue.

Upon arrival at 3:24 a.m., Engine 2 crews observed smoke emanating from the eaves and flames visible above the corner of the garage.

Firefighters launched an aggressive interior attack on the second floor of the residence, quickly locating and extinguishing the fire that had spread behind a knee wall in a bedroom.

Overhaul operations continued for approximately two hours following the fire suppression.

One family member was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by American Medical Response personnel.

The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the family who were displaced by the incident.

While the Hamden fire teams tackled the blaze, the North Haven Fire Department provided station coverage at Station 2.

Authorities have not yet determined the cause of the fire.

The Hamden Fire Marshall’s office is currently leading the investigation to ascertain the origins of the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.