Vehicle crashes into house on Indian Rock Road in Hollis

1 min read

HOLLIS –– Emergency crews from Nashua Fire, AMR, and Hollis Fire responded to a vehicle crashing into a house on Indian Rock Road Tuesday evening.

Around 7:35 p.m., firefighters and EMS from both departments arrived at the scene on the Nashua and Hollis line.

They reported that a vehicle had left the roadway at the end of the road, travelled over a stonewall, narrowly missed a tree, and struck the corner of a house.

The driver, an elderly man, appeared confused as to why the road ended and continued straight until the end.

The airbags in his Cadillac STS car were activated from the crash, resulting in heavy front-end damage. AMR personnel evaluated the man at the scene, but he refused medical treatment and was not transported to a hospital.

Hollis firefighters determined the crash had occurred in Hollis, clearing Nashua Firefighters from the scene.

Eversource was contacted due to the vehicle striking the house’s electrical meter. Considering the house’s utilities were underground, no external damage was done. However, an electrician was requested to assess the interior electrical system of the house.

Hollis Fire Chief Robert Boggis said the corner post of the house and both the interior and exterior wall suffered significant damage.

Despite this, the house was deemed stable and safe for occupation but would need further evaluation on Wednesday.

Following the investigation of the accident, Hollis Police transported the driver home and Hollis Auto Service removed the damaged vehicle from the scene.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.