Campfire discovered burning inside unoccupied Manchester home

1 min read

MANCHESTER — Firefighters responded to an unoccupied house on Myrtle Street where they say a campfire was burning inside.

The incident took place at 11:45 a.m. when authorities were notified of visible smoke coming from the home.

Firefighters say an active campfire was seen on the floor of one of the first-floor rooms.

Plywood was blocking windows and signs indicated people had been staying inside.

The fire was quickly extinguished, police say.

Police are asking any unoccupied home be reported.

The public is asked to call the Manchester Fire Marshals Office at 603-669-2256 with any information.

An investigation by local authorities is underway.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.