Chimney fire destroys Shelburne home

1 min read

SHELBURNE — A fire broke out in Shelburne on Monday morning.

The Shelburne Fire Department was dispatched to 96 South Ridge Drive for a report of black smoke coming from the roof at around 10:20 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, they discovered heavy fire coming from the roof and north side of the 2-story single-family home.

Fire investigators say the fire started in the chimney chase between the basement and first floor of the home.

The cause of the fire is undetermined but is not the result of direct human involvement.

The home was heavily damaged by fire, heat, smoke, and water and is considered a total loss.

Firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading from the main portion of the house to the attached garage.

The Shelburne Fire Department was assisted by several area fire departments including South Burlington, Burlington, Vergennes, and Hinesburg.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.