Space heater malfunction sparks blaze at Bow home

1 min read

BOW — A malfunctioning space heater is to blame for a house fire that broke out early Saturday morning at a Bow residence, according to fire officials.

The Bow Fire Department received an emergency call at 5:13 a.m. for a reported porch fire at 302 Page Road.

As units responded, they were alerted that the flames had spread to the rest of the single-family home.

Upon arrival, Bow Engine 2’s crew encountered a fire on the rear porch and siding, with smoke visible from the soffits and gable vents — signs that the blaze had extended into the attic and living quarters.

All occupants had safely evacuated by the time firefighters arrived.

Firefighters from Engine 2 immediately began an aggressive attack, deploying a 1 ¾-inch hose to douse the flames on the porch and siding.

Concord Engine and Ambulance 4, arriving shortly after, advanced a second line into the first floor to combat the fire within the kitchen and attic.

Using thermal imaging technology, crews quickly located the heart of the fire and extinguished it.

Concord Tower 1 provided access to the attic, where firefighters from Dunbarton and Hooksett assisted in extinguishing the fire and conducting an extensive overhaul of the damaged areas to eliminate any hot spots and prevent rekindling.

Pembroke Engine 2 and Hooksett’s second ambulance unit provided town coverage during the incident.

Investigators determined that the fire originated from a space heater on the home’s three-season porch.

The family present at the time of the fire noticed the spread of flames and immediately left the building.

The kitchen, attic, and porch sustained the most significant damage.

The Bow Fire Department was supported by several area departments, including Concord, Hooksett, Dunbarton, and the Capital Area Deputy Coordinator, in their response to the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.