NEWPORT — Starting this weekend, Newport beckons all who dare to join in on the eerie and festive activities. From the chilling Haunted Woods at Prouty Beach Campground to the jovial Pumpkin Palooza, there’s something for everyone.
Haunted Woods at Prouty Beach Campground
Beware, for strange occurrences have plagued Prouty Beach Campground. Disappearances and eerie events are the talk of the town. Will you dare to uncover the mystery of the Haunted Woods? Venture if you will on Fridays & Saturdays leading up to Halloween. Admission is $5 per person or $15 for a carload. More details to come. Recommended for ages 13 and above, not suitable for younger children.
Pumpkin Palooza, Trick-or-Treating, and Spooky Scavenger Hunt
Pomerleau Park is ready to paint the town orange with Pumpkin Palooza!
Saturday, Oct. 21:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Free pumpkin pick-up at Gardner Park. Collect a pumpkin and showcase your carving prowess for the jack-o-lantern contest. Entrants have a week to design their masterpiece.
- Ages 5 and under
- Ages 6-12
- Ages 13-17
Saturday, Oct. 28:
- 1 – 2 p.m. –– Jack-o-lantern drop-off by the Parklet beside the Municipal Building on Main Street.
- 1 – 2:45 p.m. –– Trick-or-treating along Main Street. Wear your Halloween finest and collect sweet treats from participating businesses.
- 2 p.m. –– Jack-o-lantern judging commences.
- 2:45 p.m. –– Head to the Parklet for the costume contest.
- 3 p.m. –– Announcement of winners for both the pumpkin carving and costume contests in Pomerleau Park.
- 3:15 – 5 p.m. –– Dive into the Spooky Scavenger Hunt, organized by Newport City Downtown Development. Choose between a kid-friendly version and a more challenging hunt for adults.
- 5 p.m. –– All scavenger participants assemble at the Warehouse Restaurant on Main Street for the announcement of the hunt’s winner.
Note: Remember your trick-or-treat bags for collecting goodies!
The city of Newport is eagerly preparing to host these spooky and fun-filled festivities, promising a memorable October for residents and visitors alike.