LUNENBURG — A 25-year-old man who was injured during an explosion in Lunenburg last year has passed away.
Aaron Bangs, of Lunenburg, was injured in an explosion and fire while working at a camp on November 23, 2022.
Bangs was transported from the fire scene to Weeks Medical center in Lancaster, NH, by a family member who was also working at the camp when the accident occurred.
He was transferred to the burn unit at Massachusetts General Hospital due to the severity of his injuries.
On January 19, police say Bangs passed away due to complications resulting from his burn injuries.
The fire has been classified as an accidental fire caused by the introduction of an open flame or spark into an area where flammable vapors were present.