JOHNSON — A fire broke out in Johnson on Wednesday.
The incident took place at an unoccupied single-family residence on Vermont Route 100C at around 10:50 p.m.
An off-duty firefighter reported the fire to 911 after seeing flames inside the building.
When fire crews arrived, they discovered the structure completed involved in fire.
Firefighters conducted an external defense attack on the fire.
The structure was not inhabited and had not been for several years.
The owner of the property, Chris Manturuk, was in the process of salvaging the materials from the structure for use in other construction projects.
The structure was not serviced by heat or electricity at the time of the fire.
Investigators are pursuing the possibility that the fire was the result of direct human involvement.
There were no reported injuries associated with this fire event.
The structure is a complete loss and valued at approximately $100,000.