BRATTLEBORO — Police are warning of fentanyl-laced marijuana in Vermont, and it caused one person to overdose in Brattleboro.
Brattleboro police say they responded to a report of an overdose on Saturday.
CPR was used and several doses of Narcan were required to revive the patient.
Police say the patient survived.
The patient told authorities that they had not used any opiates, and had only smoked marijuana.
Officers conducted a field test on the patient’s remaining marijuana and it tested positive for fentanyl.
Police say marijuana users are cautioned to ensure they know the source and history of any marijuana they may consume.
The investigation into this matter is ongoing.